Availability: In Stock (28 packs)
Manufacturer: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. / Svizera Labs Private Limited
Disease(s): Infections of stomach and intestines / Middle ear / Sinuses / Bladder / Kidney
Ampicillin is a penicillin derived antimicrobial drug. It has a wide spectrum of action, as it is capable of exerting a bactericidal effect on gram positive and gram negative aerobic microorganisms. Ampicillin is designed to fight infections of the stomach and intestines, middle ear, sinuses, bladder and kidneys.
|Product name||Per Pill||Savings (only today)||Per Pack|
|60 pills||$0.51||$30.78||ADD TO CART|
|90 pills||$0.46||$4.43||$46.17 $41.74||ADD TO CART|
|120 pills||$0.44||$8.86||$61.56 $52.70||ADD TO CART|
|180 pills||$0.41||$17.73||$92.34 $74.61||ADD TO CART|
|270 pills||$0.40||$31.03||$138.51 $107.48||ADD TO CART|
|360 pills||$0.39||$44.32||$184.68 $140.36||ADD TO CART|
Instructions for use
The antibiotic Ampicillin was developed in 1961 by British pharmacists. It has antibacterial activity against a wide range of pathogenic microorganisms and fights mixed infections. Since its introduction into use, the drug has not lost its relevance and is still considered an effective and inexpensive antibiotic.
The active substance of the drug is ampicillin trihydrate. This is a component of semi-synthetic production, which is part of the penicillin group. The substance acts on the cell membrane of dividing microorganisms and disrupts peptide bonds in the membrane. As a result, the bacterial cell becomes unstable, ceases to divide and undergoes lysis (dissolution).
The pharmaceutical preparation prevents the division and spread of gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms: Pfeiffer sticks, staphylococci, streptococci, shigella, salmonella, proteins, Escherichia coli, pertussis bacilli, clostridia, gonococci and others. Infectious pathogens are resistant to ampicillin.
The instructions for the use of the drug indicate the following indications associated with a certain localization of the infection:
- Respiratory organs – bronchitis, pneumonia, including those accompanied by abscesses;
- The upper respiratory tract and ENT organs – tonsillitis, tonsillitis, otitis media, pharyngitis, sinusitis;
- Urinary tract – pyelitis, cystitis, pyelonephritis;
- Gastrointestinal tract and abdominal cavity – Salmonella lesions, cholecystitis, cholangitis, typhoid fever, dysentery, peritonitis;
- Female genital area – ovarian infections, chlamydia in pregnant women, adnexitis;
- Common diseases – rheumatism, meningitis, sepsis, septicemia, scarlet fever, gonorrhea, pasteurellosis, listeriosis;
- Lesions of the skin and soft tissues, impetigo, dermatosis.
How to use for Adults
The tactics of treatment with ampicillin will depend on the location of pathogenic microorganisms, the severity of the infectious process and the type of pathogen. Before use, a laboratory study is carried out on the sensitivity of the isolated pathogen to ampicillin and the tolerance of the active substance to the patient (allergy test).
The tablets and capsules of the drug are used for oral use. The average daily dose for adult patients is from 1000 to 2000 mg per day, which is divided into 4 doses. The maximum daily dose of an antibiotic is 4 g.
For the treatment of gonococcal urethritis, the medicine is taken once in an amount of 3.5 g. All antibiotics in the form of tablets and capsules are taken 1 hour before a meal.
How to use for Children
A special form of ampicillin has been developed for young patients, which should be taken in suspension. For its preparation, the granules contained in the vial are poured with drinking water to the indicated risks and shaken vigorously until a uniform consistency is formed. Dosing the medicine is very convenient with a measuring spoon, which is sold in a package with ampicillin. You should take the drug before meals with a little water.
Children who know how to swallow tablets can take the medicine in tablet form – it is used regardless of the meal and washed down with water.
In severe cases, the child may be prescribed ampicillin by injection, and with sore throats, gargling with ampicillin powder diluted with water helps well. The procedure can be performed for children over 5 years old, who understand what rinsing is.
The daily dose of ampicillin for a child is determined in strict accordance with the weight: 1 kg from 50 to 100 mg of the active substance.
For children whose body weight is less than 20 kg, the norm is reduced to 12.5-25 mg of ampicillin per 1 kg of weight. The entire daily dose is divided into several doses – from three to six.
It is forbidden to take ampicillin with:
Colitis associated with taking antibacterial drugs;
The presence of allergic reactions to penicillin.
Ampicillin-based drugs are not prescribed for children under 1 month of age.
Intramuscularly, antibiotic is not allowed to be administered to patients with impaired liver function
Of the side effects most often observed:
- Changes in the skin – itching, peeling, hyperemia, urticaria, rarely erythema, dermatitis, maculopapular rash;
- Nasal flow and rhinitis;
- Quincke’s edema and anaphylactic shock as allergy manifestations;
- Signs of dyspepsia are diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, a change in taste, enterocolitis;
- Stomatitis and glossitis;
- Mental disorders – depression, aggressiveness, anxiety;
- Shifts in blood counts – a decrease in the concentration of leukocytes, platelets;
- Impaired renal function;
- Fungal lesions of the vagina.
An overdose of penicillin is characterized by dyspeptic disorders (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea) with a combination of mental arousal and seizures.
What you need to know about Ampicillin therapy
- Antibiotic treatment is continued until the symptoms of infection disappear, plus another 2-3 days in a maintenance dose;
- Exceeding the recommended doses for the treatment of the child can lead to toxic damage to the nervous system;
- In case of poisoning with ampicillin, gastric lavage is performed, laxatives and sorbents are prescribed;
- Drinking alcohol during antibiotic treatment is strictly prohibited;
- Long-term use of the drug by debilitated patients increases the risk of superinfection;
- Long-term ampicillin therapy requires periodic monitoring of clinical blood counts, renal, hepatic, and hematopoietic functions;
- Antibiotics should be taken simultaneously with probiotics and vitamins – this will help to avoid dysbiosis and dyspepsia;
- During pregnancy, the drug is prescribed in cases where the health benefits of the mother exceed the probable risks to the fetus;
- The substance is able to be excreted through breast milk, therefore, for the period of treatment with an antibiotic, breastfeeding is stopped;
- The drug reduces the effect of oral contraceptives based on estrogen, enhances the effect of taking anticoagulants and digoxin;
- The effect of the antibiotic decreases while taking it with antacids and laxatives, and increases when combined with vitamin C, aminoglycosides, cephalosporins, vancomycin and rifampicin;
- Incompatible with sulfanilamides, tetracyclines, lincosamides, macrolides;
- Concomitant treatment with allopurinol causes a risk of skin rash.
Where to buy Ampicillin
People who are looking for where it is profitable and safe to buy medicines often choose online pharmacies because they offer a more convenient and advantageous option. You can buy Ampicillin while staying at home, and it will be delivered directly to your home, you do not need to spend your time visiting a local pharmacy. Most importantly, you can save your money, because the prices in online pharmacies for example canadianantibioticsonline.com are lower than in local ones.